Photo

Linux x64 Bug Reports (and comparison with Windows x64) v1.1.1 up to v2.0.0 [Spoilers]

1.1.1 Linux Windows x64 steam cloud sync black artifacts SteamOS Beta settings persistence graphic glitches AMD drivers open source radeon drivers 2.0.0

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 01 March 2015 - 18:10

It should start writing to the log file once you open the game. As of now, I don't know why it doesn't for you.

Make sure you try to re-open the game. If you go to the main menu and quit again, it should have written some lines. :)

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#22 ShadowNate

ShadowNate

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 01 March 2015 - 18:46

It should start writing to the log file once you open the game. As of now, I don't know why it doesn't for you.
Make sure you try to re-open the game. If you go to the main menu and quit again, it should have written some lines. :)

I tried launching the game a few times, and set it to windowed mode to see if anything is written to the "Dreamfall Chapters_Data" folder. Nothing does (in Linux - as I said, in Windows the output_log.txt file is there). 

I am still retrying and searching for another possible location. The only possibly related file I have found (by running a recursive search starting from my "home" folder) is a "Player.log" file that gets updated whenever I run the game (and while new scenes are loaded within the game). This is in the path under my home folder ".config/unity3d/Red Thread Games/Dreamfall Chapters/". I browsed through its contents and this does have quite a few debug messages and report that some shaders were unsupported.

Eg. this bit seams possibly interesting (although it's just warnings except maybe the last one about the fallback shader not found, and could just be the expected behavior) .

577.7549: Loading 'StoryTime'

(Filename: /BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Sample Positions' - Pass '' shader state not supported
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Sample Positions' - Setting to default shader.
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/CameraMotionBlurDX11' - Pass '' shader state not supported
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/CameraMotionBlurDX11' - Setting to default shader.
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Dof/DX11Dof' - Pass '' shader state not supported
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Dof/DX11Dof' - Setting to default shader.
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Enviro/BumpedDiffuseOverlaySM2' - Pass 'FORWARD' shader state not supported
Shader 'Character/Disintegrate Bumped Diffuse Cubemap Lit': fallback shader 'Disintegrate' not found
UnloadTime: 2.249000 ms
Fabric: PostEvent[Music] Not handled

Edit: Maybe the Player.log file is the file that the Linux versions create instead of the output_log.txt? I found a thread about OSX where Morten points to the Player.log, and OSX is quite... Linux-like :D

Edit 2: Another thing to note from the Player.log file while comparing running the game (on Linux) with open source drivers and then with the AMD proprietary driver is the false reporting of the available VRAM to the game! This is from the initial section of the Player.log

With open source drivers

Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 237850
Steam_SetMinidumpSteamID:  Caching Steam ID:  76561197986263233 [API loaded no]

OpenGL:
    Version:  OpenGL 3.0 [3.0 Mesa 10.3.2]
    Renderer: Gallium 0.4 on AMD TAHITI
    Vendor:   X.Org
    VRAM:     256 MB
    Extensions: (a lot of stuff)  
GLX Extensions: (yet more stuff)  
Setting maxVSyncInterval to 4
GL: Detected 30 MB VRAM
Total system RAM: 14029 MiB

With AMD proprietary drivers (OMEGA 14.12)

Setting breakpad minidump AppID = 237850
Steam_SetMinidumpSteamID:  Caching Steam ID:  76561197986263233 [API loaded no]
VBO_FREE_MEMORY_ATI: 2768344
RENDERBUFFER_FREE_MEMORY_ATI: 2768344
TEXTURE_FREE_MEMORY_ATI: 2768344
OpenGL:
    Version:  OpenGL 4.4 [4.4.13283 Compatibility Profile Context 14.501.1003]
    Renderer: AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series  
    Vendor:   ATI Technologies Inc.
    VRAM:     2703 MB
    Extensions: (a lot of stuff) 
GLX Extensions: (yet more stuff)  
Setting maxVSyncInterval to 4
GL: Detected 0 MB VRAM
Total system RAM: 14029 MiB

Note that with the open source driver, the Player.log reports only 256 MB of VRAM(!). This seems to be a bug  for quite a while with Steam and other apps and the open source drivers, as reported here and here (and here by a Steam user for another Unity3D game). Could this possibly explain the random black boxes for the open source drivers (?) - most of the black boxes do seem to go away in the open source drivers if I set every setting to low (the black rays artifacts still persist). 

Also note, that the proprietary driver reports a more reasonable amount of 2703 MB VRAM (the card is supposed to have 3GB DDR5). There is another line in the log, where for the open source driver reads "GL: Detected 30 MB VRAM" and for the proprietary it is "GL: Detected 0 MB VRAM". I can't really understand what this is for, or why the proprietary driver say it is zero (0), but I found one person on the inxile forums stating that this line can be ignored

• khh and Mr Moo like this

#23 ShadowNate

ShadowNate

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 02 March 2015 - 08:38

I have updated the title and the OP to reflect the status of the reported bugs af of the 1.1.3 version in Linux.

I have also added an item 6 to the list there about the game settings not being saved properly via the game's GUI (in Linux). The game settings are not saved at all, unless you use the workaround which is to forcefully close the game's window. This seems to be a known issue, since I have seen quite a few posts about it (I am linking those in the OP). The solution suggested by the FAQ to change the read/write permissions or folder ownership (the ownership was set to my user account by default already) will probably not solve the issue (unless for some reason you are not the owner of the .config folder), since the game will write the settings perfectly fine if you just forcefully close it (meaning it already has the required permissions to write to that prefs file). 

Please, post here if I missed anything in the bugs list of the OP, or the bugs that I marked as not applicable in the 1.1.3 version still persist for you. 

#24 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 02 March 2015 - 21:57

Interesting stuff you've come up with as I've been battling it out with Linux myself. For the record, the casualties from this bout was my Windows partition. The Linux installer corrupted the boot table for Windows, as well as the mirrored one. :P  :sohappy:

Sorry, but I should've thought of the log file maybe being placed similarly as in Mac OSX, but really good to know you found it. I really didn't think of it.

Also, very interesting about the incorrect reporting of the VRAM. Might have something to do with it, but I don't know for sure at this time.

The other "unsupported shader" errors are not that rare to be honest. I'll check them against one of our "perfect" computer's logs tomorrow to see if any of the ones reported in your log stands out.

And I'm really thankful that I didn't install 14.10 after all now, as per the bug you mentioned. :P

Thanks for your investigation. Keep it up!

I'll try to update when I find some answers and when I'm taking a break from pulling my hair out over Linux/Ubuntu..  :uncrow:

• ShadowNate likes this

Red Thread Games PR0grammer & Naturally Selected Part-Time "Keep Track of Forum"-person / Community Overseer

#25 ShadowNate

ShadowNate

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 10:49

I am really sorry about what happened to your Windows' partitions. I hope that you didn't lose any crucial data and maybe you'll find some way to restore booting into them!

I thought that this kind of issues (MBR corruption and other grub issues) was a thing of the past -it used to happen a lot back in the late nineties- but apparently it is not. Linux, in general, (installation and Desktop environoment(s) ) is still not as user friendly as (the more popular distributions) want it to be, and there will be times that it will completely ruin your day, for instance trying to figure out why after an important update the PC booted into a black screen with no response to input and no ability to go to a terminal (happened to me multiple times, with multiple distributions). There is (almost) always a reason for these quirks, and quite often you will be able to restore the system to a stable state, but it will most definitely be a hassle each and every time. 

• Morten likes this

#26 Indrid Cold

Indrid Cold

Harbinger of the Balance

• Vestrum
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3099 posts

Posted 03 March 2015 - 10:54

I can't remember a linux installation corrupting Windows' bootability (of course, the other way around is impossible to avoid) but I've never tried with GPT/EFI, it's only been the classic way so far.

#27 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 03 March 2015 - 11:30

It's fine, just a bit of hassle.

I just lost my Windows installation, so I had to reinstall Windows and any programs I had installed before. I keep all my files on a separate disk that I made sure to disconnect before trying to install Ubuntu ;)

GTP/EFI was what I did, as this is what my SSD/HDD supports. We just bought a separate disk to install Ubuntu on (also GPT/EFI) and that seemed to work just fine. :)

#28 ShadowNate

ShadowNate

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 07 March 2015 - 16:42

So, new motherboard and CPU arrived a few days ago, and I manually installed them for my PC; my GPU card remains the same *unfortunately* for the time being). I really can't capture in words how much I hate the torture of pulling apart and setting up a PC from scratch (and the fact that it remain as much of a torture as it was 10 or more years ago) - especially when the main tower box that you have to put it all in, is not really... spacious and for some reason certain parts tend to become more gigantic instead of going the other way. 

Anyway ... :) the new PC has a fresh installation of Windows 7 x64 SP1 and a fresh installation of... SteamOS beta build 153 (which is the most recent one).

So, as a quick notes for the SteamOS. There aren't any differences from what I was experiencing in Mint 17.1 or Ubuntu 12.04. 

• The cloud sync worked upon second launch of the game, as did in Ubuntu. This appears to be the expected behavior.
  • The game settings still don't get saved/ don't persist, after you apply them, quit and relaunch the game. This time I was unable to do the workaround, because there is no way to exit fullscreen mode (even if you select it from the game options) and you can't Alt+Tab nor Alt+F4 out of the game. You can force-exit the game using the Steam overlay, but it doesn't work as the workaround did (the settings won't persist). 
  • SteamOS comes with the proprietary AMD drivers (14.09), which are a bit older than the current official ones (14.12), but for my card this makes little difference. The black rays graphics glitch (most apparent in the start of the game (StoryTime) is still an issue. In the same scene (double Zoe, comatose Zoe and Dreamtime Zoe ), there is also another graphics glitch a bit less apparent (which I checked and was also in the Ubuntu 12.04 installation).  Some of the surfaces on the rocks around appear as weird triangles. I'll try to attach a screenshot of that later on. 

Other than that, I don't think I experienced any weird bugs or issues with the game (so far) due to the transition to SteamOS. 

• Morten and khh like this

#29 LQKI

LQKI

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 11:22

I just tried the game with the new book 2 update, the two specific bugs I care about are still there:

1. PS3 controller support is still missing!!!
  2. Launching the game from Steam Big Picture mode (in gnome 3.14) causes the game's picture to freeze on the loading screen. The game finishes loading and everything except for the actual video output seems to work. You can even get a glimpse of the real picture for a moment when minimizing the game, but maximizing it again results in the frozen loading screen image. This bug doesn't appear when launching from normal desktop steam, but who wants to use desktop steam when playing on your couch? 

If anybody else is waiting for them to fix these bugs before they start playing, it sadly hasn't happened yet, so don't get your hopes up.

#30 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 13 March 2015 - 11:43

I believe PS3 controllers work fine when combined with the "xboxdrv"-driver and emulated as an Xbox 360 controller.

Launching the game from Steam Big Picture mode works fine for me on Win 7/8 and Ubuntu 14.04.

That said, different Linux versions and different hardware makes for.. uhm.. differences in gameplay. This is the nature of PC gaming. Not an excuse, just mentioning it.

#31 ShadowNate

ShadowNate

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:09

I just tried the game with the new book 2 update, the two specific bugs I care about are still there:

1. PS3 controller support is still missing!!!
  2. Launching the game from Steam Big Picture mode (in gnome 3.14) causes the game's picture to freeze on the loading screen. The game finishes loading and everything except for the actual video output seems to work. You can even get a glimpse of the real picture for a moment when minimizing the game, but maximizing it again results in the frozen loading screen image. This bug doesn't appear when launching from normal desktop steam, but who wants to use desktop steam when playing on your couch? 

If anybody else is waiting for them to fix these bugs before they start playing, it sadly hasn't happened yet, so don't get your hopes up.

About 1:  I have a PS3 controller. I'll see if I can make some tests myself (trying the xboxdrv solution that Morten mentions as well, if it doesn't work without it) on SteamOS.

About 2:  this didn't seem to be an issue for me when launching the game on SteamOS - which exclusively uses the Big Picture mode. I don't remember trying the Big Picture Mode on my previous Ubuntu or Linux Mint installations, though, so I can't speak for those. 

#32 Morten

Morten

RTG Programmer

• RTG Staff
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOslo, Norway

Posted 13 March 2015 - 12:21

Yep, I forgot to mention SteamOS as well, but we've tested and it works there, like you mentioned, ShadowNate.

And also it works fine on Windows and Ubuntu. Sometimes, you're just unlucky I guess.. Sorry. :)

#33 LQKI

LQKI

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 14:08

I believe PS3 controllers work fine when combined with the "xboxdrv"-driver and emulated as an Xbox 360 controller.

Sadly, the PS3 controller with xboxdrv does not work for me wirelessly. It definitely doesn't work without configuration, and even with explicitly specifying all the button mappings, the d-pad simply refuses to do anything in-game. 

I believe it does work when the controller is connected to my PC via usb, but that isn't really an option for me.

The thing is, controller compatibility on linux is a problem that has been solved for a long time (for example with SDL 2.0), especially for something as popular as a PS3 controller. Every time I purchase a game with "full controller support" for playing on my couch, then start up the game only to find out that they actually meant "full xbox controller support" I am very disappointed. Being told to use xboxdrv + a usb cable just isn't the experience I was expecting from a game with full controller support. I know that this isn't an issue exclusive to DFC, many games have this problem (The Talos Principle, Bastion, etc). Implementing SDL to handle controller input is not very time-consuming, and practically guarantees controller support on all platforms, so I am very sad to see that some games in 2015 do not use this (or some other working solution).

I hope I don't sound too unsatisfied, the game itself is really great and I'm overall very happy I purchased it. But being unable to enjoy the game on my big TV is quite disappointing, as this is exactly the kind of game I would like to enjoy in my living room.

#34 dc740

dc740

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 06:02

I created a new thread before, but I think this should be the right thread for this information.

I downloaded book two on steam, and I'm having a huge performance problem:

*extremely low FPS on the lowest game settings.

Hardware: CPU: AMD FX6100 (3 cores, 6 threads) 4.3Ghz. GPU: AMD HD 7770 1GB. RAM: 8GB

Software: Ubuntu 14.10 using latest amd drivers. In-Game settings: Everything disabled, game quality set to lowest, and resolution set to lowest possible (1280x720)

I explicitly uninstalled all gpu drivers, and re-installed amd latest driver manually to make sure I was using up to date code, but The game clearly drops to 20 FPS or lower, which is weird mostly because I can play CS:GO just fine.

I'm also seeing black boxes in some places instead of a light shader (it only happens in very specific conditions and only in Dreamfall chapters. I haven't seen something like it in any other game)

#35 ShadowNate

ShadowNate

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:17

• The game settings still don't get saved/ don't persist, after you apply them, quit and relaunch the game. This time I was unable to do the workaround, because there is no way to exit fullscreen mode (even if you select it from the game options) and you can't Alt+Tab nor Alt+F4 out of the game. You can force-exit the game using the Steam overlay, but it doesn't work as the workaround did (the settings won't persist). 
I have an update on this one, and it's detailed in this post. In short, there is a way to run games on SteamOS, outside the Big Picture Mode, and that enabled me to follow the workaround steps exactly as I did on the Ubuntu 14.04 installtion. However, and I've only tried this after the Book Two patch, the workaround will not work. Which could mean that the Book Two update broke the workaround. In the linked post, I am also quoting a custom made "prefs" file (to be placed within "~/.config/unity3d/Red Thread Games/Dreamfall Chapters/") that worked for me in SteamOS. It still won't ever get updated due to the bug, but you can manually edit it (don't do this while running the game - it may crash) to set the settings differently. It does not contain all the possible settings.

Anyway an important thing about this bug is that it looks to be identical with the one mentioned for the Verdun game (where the workaround suggestion originated), and the devs fixed it for that. I am re-quoting their comment here because I think it would help RTG fix this for Dreamfall: Chapters too.

We had a workaround in place for a bug in Unity 4.1 ( to call a System.Application.Quit call instead of a regular Application.Quit()).
I think this workaround messed up the playerprefs saving on Linux, although it worked fine on Mac and Windows.
Since we're on 4.5 it should be save to return to the normal quit procedure and that should also fix the settings saving.

About the PS3 controller issue

I have a PS3 controller. I'll see if I can make some tests myself (trying the xboxdrv solution that Morten mentions as well, if it doesn't work without it) on SteamOS.

So far I am only able to confirm (for SteamOS) that:
  • the PS3 controller, when connected via USB, is recongnized while in Big Picture menus and it works ok there. In-game, in Dreamfall Chapters it seems to not be working as expected. For example the menu navigation sometimes got stuck when I scrolled down to the "Quit" option, and I couldn't scroll up or do anything else other than press select and quit. And also the four buttons on the right of the controller don't do anything. The equivalent for "A" (select) is the "Select" small button on the controller. During gameplay the right joystick (camera movement) has weird behavior, too; you rotate the camera CW or CCW when moving the joystick forward or backward (respectively) and not by rotating the joystick. I haven't tried the xboxdrv that Morten suggests - I am not sure at the moment how I'll go about that in SteamOS. 
  • the PS3 controller, when setup to connect via Bluetooth is not recognized by SteamOS (it tries to connect but fails). So, I haven't been able to make it work (yet) wirelessly via Bluetooth to test with Dreamfall:Chapters. I found some related error log messages and I will try a few things yet before giving up.
  • With an Xbox 360 controller (wireless connection to a USB receiver) both Big Picture and the game work as expected. The A,B,etc buttons work ok, menu navigation works perfectly, the camera control and movement all work ok.

#36 dc740

dc740

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 18:31

About the PS3 Controllers. I got it to work with the controller connected through USB. It works flawlessly. I won chapter one and I'm now playing chapter 2 with this configuration and I haven't had any problems. This is the configuration:

[axismap]
-DPAD_Y=DPAD_X
-DPAD_X=DPAD_Y

[buttonmap]

[device-name]

[device-usbid]

[evdev-absmap]

[evdev-keymap]

[modifier]

[relative-axis]

[ui-axismap]

[ui-buttonmap]

[xboxdrv]
mimic-xpad = true
silent = true
detach-kernel-driver = true

[xboxdrv-daemon]

And then you start it like this: sudo xboxdrv -c ./xboxdrv.config

If you own a PS2 controller knock off (with a USB connector), then this is the configuration:

[axismap]
-Y1=Y1
-Y2=Y2
-DPAD_Y=DPAD_Y
-DPAD_X=DPAD_X

[buttonmap]
a^delay:100=A
b^delay:100=B
x^delay:100=X
y^delay:100=Y

[device-name]

[device-usbid]

[evdev-absmap]
ABS_X=x1
ABS_Y=y1
ABS_RX=x2
ABS_RZ=y2
ABS_HAT0X=dpad_y
ABS_HAT0Y=dpad_x

[evdev-keymap]
BTN_TOP=x
BTN_TRIGGER=y
BTN_THUMB2=a
BTN_THUMB=b
BTN_BASE3=back
BTN_BASE4=start
BTN_BASE=lb
BTN_BASE2=rb
BTN_TOP2=lt
BTN_PINKIE=rt
BTN_BASE5=tl
BTN_BASE6=tr

[modifier]

[relative-axis]

[ui-axismap]

[ui-buttonmap]

[xboxdrv]
evdev = /dev/input/event15
evdev-debug = true
mimic-xpad = true
silent = true

[xboxdrv-daemon]

You can see that I had to re-map almost all buttons, but the PS2 controller still has a bug that causes the X button to be pressed without delay indefinitely: you press once, but the game intreprets 20 keypresses. (it's probably a bug with the generic-usb protocol in xboxdrv)

could you guys confirm if I'm the only one having problems with the performance? (Ubuntu 14.10)

• ShadowNate likes this

#37 ShadowNate

ShadowNate

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 22:29

could you guys confirm if I'm the only one having problems with the performance? (Ubuntu 14.10)

I'd say that performance-wise with AMD Omega drivers 14.12 (not the open source ones) and apart from the known black glitches and some minor artifacts, it "felt" pretty similar to how the game performed in Windows. This is what I remember from when testing with the Phenom II 955 @3.2Ghz (and also overclocked @3.8Ghz) with the AMD HD7950 GPU.

Maybe a bit better in some areas, because it seemed like some graphical effects were reduced/ removed in the Linux version (as Morten also mentions in earlier posts in this thread).

But yeah, similar to Windows, which also means quite a few hiccups on the frame rate (generally low in the Doctor's office ( ~20 to ~35) and ranging from ~40 FPS to bellow 30 or 25 while navigating in Europolis) .

#38 dc740

dc740

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 20:25

oh, then I don't feel that bad. It seems like windows users are also having issues with AMD setups.

I'm actually getting the same performance described here:

http://redthreadgame...ad-performance/

I mean, my pc is not high end by any means, but it definitely can handle the graphics, I've run way more demanding games without problems, and I'm also using the latest closed source amd drivers (not the open source drivers which still need some optimizations).

I changed my settings MANUALLY in the prefs file to lower everything to the lowest possible quality, and now the game is playable in Marcuria Market and other non-optimized environments. It doesn't really change that much when you change the settings, the only setting that really makes a difference is disabling the shadows.

<unity_prefs version_major="1" version_minor="1">
    <pref name="UnityGraphicsQuality" type="int">0</pref>
    <pref name="Screenmanager Resolution Height" type="int">720</pref>
    <pref name="Screenmanager Resolution Width" type="int">1280</pref>
    <pref name="Screenmanager Is Fullscreen mode" type="int">1</pref>
    <pref name="AntiAliasing" type="int">0</pref>
    <pref name="SSAO" type="int">0</pref>
    <pref name="LensFlare" type="int">0</pref>
    <pref name="DepthOfField" type="int">0</pref>
    <pref name="Gamma" type="float">0.7</pref>
    <pref name="NoiseGrain" type="int">0</pref>
    <pref name="Bloom" type="int">0</pref>
    <pref name="Subtitles" type="int">1</pref>
    <pref name="OptionSubtitles" type="int">1</pref>
    <pref name="PrivacyMode" type="int">0</pref>
    <pref name="VSync" type="int">0</pref>
    <pref name="DevMode" type="int">0</pref>
    <pref name="ConnectSteam" type="int">0</pref>
    <pref name="ConnectFacebook" type="int">0</pref>
    <pref name="Controller" type="int">0</pref>
    <pref name="InvertX" type="int">0</pref>
    <pref name="InvertY" type="int">0</pref>
    <pref name="MemoryWarningShown" type="int">1</pref>
    <pref name="MotionBlur" type="float">0.0</pref>
    <pref name="MouseSensitivity" type="float">0.7</pref>
    <pref name="MusicVolume" type="float">0.5</pref>
    <pref name="SfxVolume" type="float">0.5</pref>
    <pref name="DialogueVolume" type="float">0.8</pref>
    <pref name="MasterVolume" type="float">0.8</pref>
    <pref name="ShadowDistance" type="float">0.0</pref>
</unity_prefs>

There is something stll bothering me: There are no news about the save problem bug for the next patch. I never saw the code, so I don't know about the complexity of the bug, but it would make us (linux users) very happy.

#39 ShadowNate

ShadowNate

Arcadia Native

• Istrum
  • PipPipPip
  • 278 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 20:54

There is something stll bothering me: There are no news about the save problem bug for the next patch. I never saw the code, so I don't know about the complexity of the bug, but it would make us (linux users) very happy.

If you are referring to the save settings bug, then I mentioned it on the thread that Ragnar made about the upcoming patch. He said they are going to look into it; no idea if it's going to be in the next (this week's) patch or a later one, but it's probably happening :)

• dc740 likes this

#40 dc740

dc740

Rubber Ducky

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 02:55

If you are referring to the save settings bug, then I mentioned it on the thread that Ragnar made about the upcoming patch. He said they are going to look into it; no idea if it's going to be in the next (this week's) patch or a later one, but it's probably happening :)

That's awesome! I can't wait. that's THE bug that was bothering me. I even tolerate some random system freezes while walking around the city with Zoƫ

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 1.1.1, Linux, Windows, x64, steam cloud sync, black artifacts, SteamOS Beta, settings persistence, graphic glitches, AMD drivers, open source radeon drivers, 2.0.0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users